2. When does this policy apply? You agree that this policy will apply if you access or use the Website/s.
3. Legally binding contract: this policy will apply to you and will create a legally binding contract between us, whenever you use or access our Website/s.
4. Are there other applicable terms? Additional terms may also apply for specific products or services or subscriptions available through our Website/s. If there is a conflict between these terms and the specific terms, the specific terms will apply.
5. Changes to this policy: unless notice is required in terms of law, we may change the terms of this policy from time to time in line with any changes that the law or our internal business operations require, without prior notice. The current version of this policy that applies at the time you visit and / or use our Website/s will regulate our relationship. It is your responsibility to consider the policy each time you use our Website/s. if you do not agree with any terms of this policy, you must stop using our Website/s.
6. Our commitment: this policy is very important to us. We are committed to taking steps to protect your privacy when you use our Website/s and implementing business practises that comply with all relevant legislation, including the Protection of Personal Information Act of (“POPI”). In this policy, we explain how we will use and protect your personal information.
7. What is personal information? If we refer to “personal information” or “information” in this policy, we mean personal information as defined in POPI. It includes, for example, your full name, surname, email address, identity number, contact details and location.
8. Collecting your personal information: we collect information about you when you use our Website/s and communicate with us. We may also collect information about you from third parties.
10. Links on our Website/s: Our Website/s may include links to other apps or third party websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of these apps and websites.
11. How we use your information: We use your information to provide our Website/s and services to
We generally store and use the following information: your first name(s), surname, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, IP address or cookie information, location information, demographic information including your age and gender, information from your browser including your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and any other information which we reasonably need to perform our obligations in terms of the agreement with you when you purchase or use our services. When you use our services, we also record the details of the products locations and / or movements.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION
We will only process adequate and relevant information to:
• perform in terms of our agreement;
• operate and manage your account;
• monitor and analyse our business;
• contact you by email, SMS, or other means to tell you about our products and services (you can always opt out from future marketing);
• form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products that may interest you;
• carry out market research, business and statistical analysis;
• carry out audits;
• perform other administrative and operational tasks like testing our processes and systems; and
• comply with our regulatory or other obligations
12. Right to object: You may on reasonable grounds object to us using your information. If you object,
we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its use.
13. Lodging a complaint: If you believe we are using your information unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (once it has been established, if it has not already been established).
14. Children’s information and special personal information: We do not intentionally collect or use information of children (persons under the age of 18 years) unless with consent. Our intention is to only process information of children with the consent of a competent person (someone like the parent or guardian or if the law otherwise allows or requires us to process such information).
15. Sharing of personal information: We respect your privacy and we hate spam as much as you do. We will keep your personal information confidential and only share it with others in terms of this policy, or if you consent to it, or if the law requires us to share it. We have trusted relationships with carefully selected third parties who perform services for us. All these service providers have a contract with us in terms whereof they have a legal obligation to secure your personal information and to use it only in a way that we permit.
16. How secure is your information: We are committed to implementing appropriate technical and other security measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your. We protect and manage information that we hold about you by using electronic and computer safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, as well as limited access to such information. We only authorise access to information to those employees who require access to fulfil their designated responsibilities.
17. Quality and access to your information: We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is inaccurate, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Retention of information: We retain information in accordance with the required retention periods in law or for legitimate business purposes. We will only retain your information for the purposes explicitly set out in this policy. We may keep information indefinitely in a de-identified format for statistical purposes. This policy also applies when we retain your information.
19. Transborder flow of information: We may transfer your information to foreign countries mainly if our service providers are cross border or use systems cross border. If you continue to use our Website/s, you expressly agree that we may transfer the information cross border for these purposes. We will only share information cross border with recipients who have laws similar to POPI which apply to them, or who entered into an agreement with us to include the relevant POPI principles.
20. Security breach: We will report any security breaches to the Information Regulator and to the individuals or companies involved. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your information, kindly notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
1. What are these terms? These are the “Terms” that regulate your use of our Website and App, and our relationship with you. They create a legally binding contract between us, as soon as they apply.
2. Our “Website” is at https://www.utrac.co.za or http://188.8.131.52/GpsGateServer/Vehicle
Tracker/VehicleTracker.aspx? and our “App” is the uTrac and / or GPS Gate mobile application. For purposes of simplicity, where we refer to “Website/s”, we are referring to both the Website/s and the App.
3. The essential point of these Terms. We will have no obligations to you whatsoever, we will not be liable at all for any liability, damage or loss resulting from your use or inability to use our Website/s. You use our Website/s at your own risk.
4. When do these Terms apply? These Terms will apply if you access or use our Website/s. Don’t use our Website/s if you don’t absolutely agree to these Terms. You can use our Website/s only on these Terms.
5. Are there other applicable terms too? Additional terms may also apply for specific products or services or subscriptions available through our Website/s. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the specific terms, the specific terms will apply.
6. Changes to the Website/s and/or these Terms. We have the unfettered right (as far as the law allows) to suspend, change or add to our App, and to change or add to any of these Terms from time to time, at our discretion, and those changes will apply immediately when they are made.
7. Use of our Website/s.
a. You are prohibited from using our Website in the following ways:
i. copying our Website/s; ii. distributing any content from our Website/s without our prior consent; iii. using any technology, including but not limited to crawlers and spiders to search our Website/s or obtain information from our Website; iv. framing our Website/s or any pages;
v. linking to our Website/s in a manner other than through the homepage;
vi. deep-linking to any other pages in a way that would suggest that you own the
intellectual property that belongs to us; vii. providing us with any untrue or incorrect information; and viii. changing, modifying, circumventing, disabling or tampering with any part of our Website/s, including its security features.
b. You may only use our Website/s in the following ways:
i. you may only use our website in accordance with the limited revocable license (where applicable) which we have given you and which is subject to these Terms; ii. the limited license referred to above does not extend to our source code of the Website/s, software or computer program that forms part of our Website/s; and iii. you may only use our Website/s if you have the legal capacity to do so in terms of South African law.
8. Login details, usernames and passwords. Our services make use of login functionality, you will be solely responsible for the safekeeping of those details, usernames and passwords. This means that when anyone enters your usernames and passwords (you, your employees, your spouse or friends and family), we are entitled to assume that the person using the services is you. Clearly, it is in your interests to familiarise yourself with our security requirements, guidelines and procedures communicated from time to time, and follow those carefully. Inform us immediately if there has been, or if you suspect, any breach of security or confidentiality. Where you are a business, you and your employees have the same responsibilities and we have the same rights – though we expect that you will be somewhat more diligent than these bare minimum rules.
9. Social media and other integration. The Website/s may allow you to create an account, profile, log in and/or share information by connecting to various social media sites or apps, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. It is also possible to integrate with other systems and applications through our Website/s. If you proceed to use our services in that context, then the relevant platforms’ rules will also apply and you agree to such integration.
10. Intellectual property. All our intellectual property is ours, not yours: this means that you absolutely agree that all right, title and interest in, and to, any of our intellectual property (in its widest possible, legal and commercial sense) viewable and accessible from our Website/s is proprietary to us, and will remain so. You will not acquire any rights of any nature in respect of that intellectual property by using our Website/s, services or products. You also agree not to reverse engineer our Website/s for any purpose whatsoever.
11. Third party sites. We may provide hyperlinks to third party websites and applications. When you access and use these third party websites, applications, products, services or business you do so solely at your own risk.
12. Limitation of liability.
a. You hereby agree that, subject to applicable law, we (including our directors and/or
employees) will not be liable for:
i. any incorrect information or images provided on our Website/s which you relied
upon; ii. any internet data usage charges incurred while using our Website/s; iii. any interruption, malfunction, downtime, off-line situation or other failure of our
Website/s or services, our systems, databases or any of its components; iv. any loss directly or indirectly caused by malfunction of our system, third party systems, power failures, unlawful access to or theft of data, computer viruses or destructive code on our system or third party systems or programming defects; and/or v. any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of goods or services provided by third parties, including, without limitation, third party systems such as the public switched telecommunication service providers, internet service providers, electricity suppliers, local authorities and certification authorities, or any other event over which we have no direct control.
b. You indemnify and hold us harmless against all and any loss, liability, actions, suites, proceedings, costs, demands and damages of all and every kind (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), and whether in an action based on contract, negligence or any other action, arising out of or in connection with the above, whether due to negligence or not.
13. Rules for sending and receiving electronic messages. We will primarily use email and electronic notices on our Website/s as our main communication tool for all communications relating to our services, or these Terms.
14. Law and disputes. These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in terms of South African laws. You consent that the Magistrates’ Court will have jurisdiction even if the proceedings are otherwise beyond its jurisdiction.
15. Getting in touch. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries about our Website/s.
16. Legal disclosure in terms of section 43 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
a. Site owner: uTrac Proprietary Limited (Trading as uTrac);
b. Legal status: uTrac is a private company, duly incorporated in terms of the applicable laws
of South Africa;
c. Registration No: 2018/574545/07;
d. Director(s): Philip McClean
e. Description of main business of uTrac: Provision of personalised GPS solutions and / or products
f. E-mail address: email@example.com;
g. Website address: https://www.utrac.co.za/
h. Physical Address: 57 Hanekam Street, Northmead Ext 4, Benoni, Gauteng, 1501
i. Postal Address: 57 Hanekam Street, Northmead Ext 4, Benoni, Gauteng, 1501; and
j. Registered Address: 57 Hanekam Street, Northmead Ext 4, Benoni, Gauteng, 1501.